Meet Megan... Megan is on Maternity leave returning in early September
Megan Matulis, MS, AEMP, LAc holds a dual Master’s degree in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine from Bastyr University. Megan's healing passion lies in using Eastern Medicine to treat reproductive health conditions. As an acupuncturist with experience as a Licensed Massage Therapist, she has a unique perspective in treating a diverse array of pain management conditions.
She commonly treats a variety of obstetric and gynecological concerns, including infertility, pregnancy, menstruation regulation, PMS, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), menopause & hormonal regulation. Additionally, she has a special interest in providing exemplary care to people throughout their fertility journey and continuing their care through all stages of pregnancy and postpartum.
For patients looking for assistance with pain management conditions, Megan enjoys using trigger point release techniques (dry needling) paired with acupuncture channel theory to address pain, including treating headaches, acute injuries, and chronic pain conditions.
Having had a lifelong interest in natural healing modalities, Megan began her career as a Licensed Massage Therapist so she could learn more about the body and begin her career as a healthcare provider. As she worked with patients, she realized that pain and musculoskeletal complaints were often more complex conditions than could be addressed by massage therapy alone. She began to feel limited by her scope of practice and wanted to expand her role as a healthcare provider. After experiencing positive results as an acupuncture patient, she decided to pursue a career as an Acupuncture and Eastern Medicine Practitioner. This profession has allowed her to work towards addressing the root of complex conditions rather than focusing on the symptoms alone. As a licensed acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist with clinical experience treating patients in multiple settings, Megan is a capable practitioner who finds fulfillment in working one on one with patients to understand and address their unique needs.
Megan Metulis's CV
- Acupuncture Issaquah, 2021 – Present, Issaquah WA
- Seattle Acupuncture & Herb Clinic, 2019, Seattle WA
- Namaste Massage, 2013 – 2016, Spokane WA
- Houk Chiropractic, 2011 – 2013, Spokane WA
- Licensed Acupuncturist, Acupuncture and Eastern Medicine Practitioner, Washington State License #AC61020738, 2019 – Present
- NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture ad Oriental Medicine), 2019 – Present
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Washington State, 2011 – 2021
- NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork), 2011 – 2021
- Bastyr University, Master of Science in Acupuncture and East Asian Medicine, 2019
- Bastyr University, Bachelor’s of Science in Natural Health Sciences, 2019
- Inland Massage Institute, Washington State Massage Therapy Licensing, 2011